Every organisation in the UK faces the difficult challenge of mitigating against the ever-increasing risks associated with cybercrime. But what are the facts?
Below are 10 quick facts from trusted sources* to give you a heads up of the cyber security statistics for 2019.
- 48% of UK businesses identified at least one breach or attack a month
- 73% of businesses are not ready to respond to a cyber attack
- From 2019 through to 2022, at least 95% of cloud security failures will be the customers fault
- 74% of the breaches reported in the first quarter of 2019 were a result of passwords being exposed to the public.
- 60% of small companies go out of business within 6 months of a cyber attack
- 76 billion company records were leaked in January 2019 alone
- 83% of financial companies suffer over 50 attacks per month, as do 44% of retail firms.
- Financial firms take an average of 98 days to detect a data breach
- Cybercrime now accounts for more than 50% of all crimes in the UK
- Scammers send out 6,4 billion fake emails every day (EY – Global Information Security Survey 2018-2019)
Worried about your business’ Cyber Security? Fear not, our cost-effective Cyber Security reviews help companies stay ahead of cyber-attacks. Enquire today to speak to one of our experienced cybersecurity consultants.